Frequently Asked Questions

Eligibility and Conditions

Q: Are honorary professors eligible to apply to be research advisor?
A: Only individuals that are recognized by a university as full-time faculty members are eligible to become research advisor.

Application form

Q: In form 3' "Reason for applying for the Follow-up Research Guidance" is required to be written in 500 words or less in English. What is the limit for Japanese?
A: In Japanese it is required to be written in 1000 characters.


Q: By applying for this program, is a short term stay in Japan possible? (Question from a former international student in Japan.)
A: This program is for dispatching research advisors, and not for inviting former international students.