International students who have returned to their countries after having studied in Japan and who are currently active in education, academic research or public administration, are invited to a Japanese university to conduct joint research with relevant academics.
- Beneficiary: Returnees from Japan with nationalities of developing countries and regions
- Eligibility: Under 45 years old. At least one year after returning from Japan
- Research period: 60-90 consecutive days
- Benefits: (1) Round-trip Air fare and (2) Daily allowance (¥11,000/day) for the recipient and (3) Remuneration for cooperation (up to ¥50,000) for the research advisor
- *Application for this fellowship must be made officially by the president of Japanese host university to the president of JASSO. Applications from individuals are not accepted.
- *This fellowship is for returnees from Japanese graduate schools with nationalities of developing countries and regions. Please confirm all the other conditions and requirements with the guideline and FAQ.