Operation Policy for Official Social Media Accounts of the Student Exchange Department, Japan Student Services Organization
This policy stipulates matters related to the operation of all social media accounts (hereinafter referred to as “Official SNSs”) created by the Student Exchange Department of Japan Student Services Organization (hereinafter referred to as “JASSO”).
The Official SNSs are meant to provide users with a better understanding of the operations of JASSO’s Student Exchange Department (hereinafter referred to as “the Department”) and to enhance user convenience by disseminating information about the Department’s duties, initiatives and events.
The Department will operate Official SNSs as follows:
- Information and updates about Support Programs for International Students categories as posted on the JASSO website
- Information and updates listed on “Study in Japan” Website
- Information and updates listed on Kaigairyugaku Shien Site (Support for Studying Abroad)
- Information listed on the websites of overseas offices of JASSO
- Other information related to Support Programs for International Students as well as essential communications
- Emergency information on operations and events that JASSO will implement in the event of a disaster or other emergency
- As a rule, we do not respond to opinions, requests or inquiries about JASSO operations posted as comments on Official SNSs.
- Opinions, requests and inquiries about JASSO operations are accepted through the “Inquiries” page on the JASSO website, however.
The intellectual property rights to content posted on Official SNSs belong to JASSO and/or to those who have legitimate rights.
The content of Official SNSs may not be reprinted without the permission of JASSO, except for personal use or citations and other methods as permitted by the Copyright Act. When citing said content, please be sure to clearly indicate its source in an appropriate manner.
- While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information posted on Official SNSs, JASSO is not responsible for any actions that users take based on what is posted on Official SNSs.
- JASSO is not responsible for any comments posted by users on Official SNSs.
- JASSO is not responsible for any problems or disputes that may arise between users or between users and third parties in relation to Official SNSs.
- JASSO is not responsible in the event that video content on Official SNSs cannot be viewed properly, or if any damage is caused by viewing said video content.
- The copyright to comments and other postings belong to the user(s) who made the posting. By posting, however, said user(s) grant JASSO the right to use the posted content free of charge and on a nonexclusive basis throughout the world, and agree not to exercise any copyright claims or other rights against JASSO.
6．Deletion of Comments
- Violates, or may violate, laws and regulations and/or other rules
- Encourages criminal behavior
- Constitutes slander or defamation against others such as specific individuals or groups
- Mentions and/or promotes political or religious activities
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights of JASSO or a third party, such as copyrights, trademark rights, portrait rights
- Involves advertising, promotion, solicitation, sales activities, and/or other commercial purposes
- Promotes discrimination based on race, ideology, religion, etc. , or encourages such discrimination
- Violates public order and/or good morals
- Contains false or untrue information, spreads rumors, or promotes the spread of such rumors
- Infringes on privacy by specifying, disclosing or leaking etc., personal information without a person’s consent
- Impersonates other users and/or third parties
- Promotes harmful programs etc.
- Contains inappropriate material, including obscene expressions, etc.
- Modifies all or part of the content posted by the Department
- Comments that are not related to content the Department posts
- Comments that are not related to Support Programs for International Students, even if they are related to other JASSO operations
- Any other information that the Department deems inappropriate, and links that contain such information
7．Change, Suspension or Termination of Official SNSs
Official SNSs may change content or format, and be suspended or terminated without notice.
8．Dissemination of and Changes to Operation Policy
This policy is subject to change as necessary without prior notice.
This policy was applied from December 1, 2014.
This policy was updated on June 23, 2021.
List of Official Social Media Accounts of the Student Exchange Department, Japan Student Services Organization
This shows the social media accounts created by the Student Exchange Department of JASSO, except for the accounts that provide information only in Japanese.