Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan)
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) offers scholarship for qualified international students who are accepted by a Japanese university, graduate school, junior college, college of technology (3rd grade or upper) or professional training college (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese school”) under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement on a short-term basis from 8 days to one year between Japanese school and their home higher educational institution outside Japan (hereinafter referred to as “home school”).
Amount of Scholarship
For the 2016-2017 academic year:
Monthly stipend: JPY 80,000
Qualifications and Conditions for Students
- Students enrolled in a regular course of study in a higher educational institution outside Japan (home shool).
- Students accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school.
- Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- Students not having the financial means to study in Japan.
- Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school.
- Students eligible for 'Student Visa'.（For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.）
- If students receive other scholarships together with this scholarship for the study in Japan, the total amount of monthly stipend of other scholarships should not exceed the amount of this scholarship (JPY 80,000 per month).
- Students cannot receive any other scholarship from the Japanese government together with this scholarship.
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted through Japanese school. Direct applications from home higher educational institutions outside Japan or students will not be accepted.
Upon screening the application documents submitted by Japanese school, JASSO will decide the programs and the number of students and notice the results to Japanese school.
The recruiting period and the selection method of exchange students are different from each school and each program. For further information and inquiry, applicants are advised to ask each Japanese school or home school.
Students must start the study-in-Japan program at their host Japanese school within the period designated by the Japanese school (from April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.)
Please contact your home school or Japanese school for inquiries.
The content navigation in this category.