1. Usage Applications and Procedures
- In general, application requests for meeting facilities at Tokyo International Exchange Center's (herein referred to as "TIEC") Plaza Heisei are accepted from April 1st of the previous fiscal year to use.
TIEC is open for use throughout the year, except for the New Year holidays (December 29-January 3) and intermittent closings for facility inspections or repairs.
Meeting facilities may be used during the following available time. The facility rate for night usage is higher than daytime usage. The usage time is based on the categories below, it costs additional fees for extension beyond each classified time span, be sure to consult TIEC in advance if a time extension is needed. (Usage time includes time needed for preparation and clean-up of the facility.) The facility fee may make down to half price when meeting facilities are used for preparation on a day before the actual event. (Utility charges are fully charged.)
Available time: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
|Full Day||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Half Day||Morning||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Afternoon||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Night||5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
To check whether a particular date is available, contact the office below or visit the TIEC website. When making inquiries, please give the title and description of the event, sponsor, date and time, and number of attendees.
Please fill out "TIEC Meeting Facility Reservation Request Form" and fax it. Approval for reservation will be notified within ten days of receipt of the request form. After approval is confirmed, application materials will be sent by post. Please take all the necessary application procedures by the specified date. TIEC does not unilaterally cancel the reservation during application procedures are conducted. But please note that this is only the preliminary reservation, therefore it does not mean to guarantee the approval for use. Reservation may be canceled if the application procedures are not completed by the date we stipulate.
After the reservation has been made, TIEC will send the user a "TIEC Meeting Facility Usage Application Form". Please fully fill out and turn it in person or send it by post.
Approval for Use
Approval for use is notified to the user by mailing "Approval for TIEC Meeting Facility Usage" followed by TIEC's receipt of the application form. The user may be requested to present the approval when necessary, please carefully retained until the day of the actual event. Permission for photography, filming and similar acts of facility will be notified after checking the planning contain of user.
If the applicant changes the details after receiving approval, please contact TIEC immediately and submit "TIEC Meeting Facility Usage Application Form (Changes)". Major changes that lead financial losses to TIEC may require payment of cancellation fee.
Cancellation of the approved application by the user requires payment of cancellation fee as outlined in Section 4. Fees "Cancellation Fees".
Where to apply and/or inquire
Plaza Heisei Meeting Facilities Administration Office (hereafter "the Office")
CONVENTION LINKAGE, INC.
Tokyo International Exchange Center
Tokyo Academic Park,
2-2-1 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8630
E-mail plazaheisei at mark c-linkage.co.jp
*Please convert "at mark" to @ when you send an e-mail to us.
The Office may be visited or called from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding New Year holidays (December 29-January 3).
2. Restrictions on Usage & Revocation of Approval
Use of meeting facilities is limited to primarily conferences and events that concern international exchange, education, academics, or culture. Any usage that violates the following restrictions will result in denial of usage, revocation of the approval, or termination of the event in progress.
(1) Event is judged to be at odds with the intended purpose of the facility.
(2) Event is judged likely to disrupt public order or violate public morals.
(3) Event is judged likely to disturb other users.
(4) Event is judged likely to cause damage to the facility or its equipment and accessories.
(5) Event is sponsored, cosponsored, or supported by a political or religious organization, an organization suspected of collectively or regularly engaging in illegal acts of violence, an organization affiliated with any of the aforementioned groups, an organization whose activities and purpose of operation are unclear; or event profits any of the organizations mentioned here.
(6) Event is judged likely to impede the administration or operation of Plaza Heisei in any other way.
Conditions for Revocation of Approval
(1) Event is found to be in violation of any of the restrictions defined in 1. Usage Restrictions above.
(2) User fails to pay, without due cause, either the deposit or the remainder of a payment on time.
(3) The application form is discovered to contain false information, or the facility is used in a manner at odds with the event purpose and description approved by TIEC.
(4) User conducts tasks or activities related to the event in Plaza Heisei outside the area approved for use.
(5) Disaster or any other such unavoidable situation prevents usage of the facility.
(6) User does not obey the regulations of TIEC regarding facility usage.
(7) Administration-related circumstances prevent usage of the facility.
3. Prohibition against Transfer and Sublease
Users are prohibited from transferring their permit or subleasing the reserved area to any other party.
In principle, the entire fee must be paid in advance. A portion of the fee is to be paid as a deposit by the specified deadline.
(10% of facility fee)
|To be paid by the specified deadline after receipt of the "Approval for TIEC Meeting Facility Usage".|
|The remainder of a payment
(Remaining 90% of facility fee)
|To be paid no later than one week prior to the first day of the event.|
|Adjustments||To be paid by the specified deadline after completion of the event.|
Fees are to be paid into TIEC's designated bank account by the specified deadlines. If either the deposit or the balance is not paid on time, the reservation may be cancelled. Bank transfer fees are charged to the user. If the user makes a change to the event's date, time, facility area, or other aspects of the reservation, payments already completed at the time of the change will not be refunded.
If the user withdraws a reservation that has already been officially approved, cancellation fee must be paid as follows.
|61 days prior to event||10% of facility fee|
|31-60 days prior to event||30% of facility fee|
|8-30 days prior to event||50% of facility fee|
|Less than 8 days prior to event||100% of facility fee|
5. Pre-event Arrangements & Usage Plan
Users need to meet with TIEC to discuss the following items at least one month prior to the start of the event.
(1) The event schedule and program.
(2) The event coordination arrangements and room layout.
(3) Equipment and accessories to be used, work needed for setup of electrical devices, and phone-line.
(4) Bringing in of equipment and accessories from outside.
(5) food and beverage service
Submission of Usage Plan
Users need to submit a plan for how they will use the meeting facility if any of the following cases applies. The plan may be created in any pattern.
(1) Sound, lighting, or video equipment, signs, or other such accessories from outside will be brought in for the event.
(2) The event is limited to entertainment (exhibitions, concerts, artistic performances, etc.) or sales only.
(3) Photography, filming, or similar acts will be done inside Plaza Heisei.
(4) Other situations for which TIEC deems plan submission necessary.
Users must directly order any necessary electrical work to the electrical engineering company designated by TIEC.
Notification to Authorities (Report to Government Offices)
Users are responsible for issuing any notification or documents required by government offices or other authorities with regard to the event. Below is a sample list of some agencies that may need to be notified.
|Related Government Office
|Report, etc.||Phone Number|
|Fukagawa Fire Department
|Notification of event, request for waiver on prohibited acts, etc.||03-3529-0119|
|Tokyo Wangan Police Station||Notification of event||03-3570-0110|
|Fukagawa Health Center||Notification regarding food or beverage service, and items related to places of entertainment||03-3647-5882|
|Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC)||Use of copyrighted music||03-5286-1671|
The International Conference Hall and Media Hall are authorized to hold entertainment events as of April 5, 2001.
6. Management Responsibilities of Users
- The user is responsible for supervising the facility during the entire period of use (including preparation and clear-out), as well as the acts of assisting third parties and attendees. Consequently, the user is asked to do their utmost in preventing accidents.
- The user is responsible for matters concerning facility entry control, stationing of security personnel, and emergency escape procedures; this includes the taking of any steps needed for maintaining order in the facility and preventing fires and theft, such as by employing a security agency.
- The user is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment and items they bring into Plaza Heisei. TIEC does not take delivery of user equipment or items sent by parcel delivery service; users are required to directly take receipt of any such deliveries.
- The user is required to remove all garbage resulting from the event from Plaza Heisei and properly dispose of it elsewhere. If this is not possible due to special circumstances, the garbage may be disposed of at Plaza Heisei for an additional fee. Also, if users leave the areas used in a considerably soiled or cluttered state, TIEC may charge the users an additional fee for clean-up.
- The user who uses the facility for entertainment or sales, such as exhibitions, concerts, artistic performances, or trade shows, are absolutely required to conduct security and clean-up.
- The user is responsible for restoring the areas used to its original condition. Before leaving Plaza Heisei, the user needs to have TIEC confirm that clean-up has been satisfactorily completed.
- All facility accessories and keys borrowed by the user must be promptly returned at the completion of the event.
- Damage to or loss of the facility structure, equipment, or accessories must be immediately reported to TIEC.
- The user is responsible for either restoring damaged facility items to their original state, or covering the cost of restoring such damage.
7. Exemption from Liability
TIEC assumes no responsibility for injury, death, theft, or property damage arising from use of Plaza Heisei. TIEC is also exempt from liability for user losses that arise from cancellation of the event due to natural disasters, transportation worker strikes, and other cases of force majeure.
8. Important Notes on Usage
The time allotted to an event includes the time for preparations and clean-up. Extensions beyond the normal time slot must be approved by TIEC in advance.
Use of Common Areas
As a rule, use of the entrance hall, foyers, and other common areas is limited to guest reception and related usage only. The user wishing to use common areas for coffee breaks or other nonstandard purposes need to consult with TIEC. The user may be requested to alter their use of a common area if another party is also using it. Smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking areas. The user wishing to use outside area of Plaza Heisei such as exchange square or front deck as well as common areas mentioned above for photography, filming, or similar acts, be sure to consult with TIEC.
Bringing in Equipment, Accessories, and Foodstuff from Outside
The user wishing to bring equipment, accessories, or food/drinks into Plaza Heisei are requested to consult with TIEC in advance. The user bringing in food or drinks need to remove all leftovers, cups, etc. after the event.
(1) The user need to consult in advance with TIEC concerning the pathway, the number of vehicles, and other items related to the transport of equipment, accessories, or food/drinks in and out of the facility.
(2) The user must take adequate measures to protect the facility from damage during the transportation of equipment, based on consultation with TIEC. If it appears that proper measures are not being taken, TIEC may order the user to cease transporting items.
(3) The user is responsible for bringing their own carts for transporting items.
The following acts are prohibited.
(1) Bringing in flammable or fire-causing substances and other hazardous materials.
(2) Use of open flame sources.
(3) Bringing in of malodorous substances.
(4) Using the facility for purposes not stated in the application.
(5) Movement of facility equipment or accessories away from their designated locations.
(6) Posting of signs, posters, and other such displays in and around the facility in a manner not in accordance with facility regulations.
(7) Distribution of leaflets, aggressive solicitation of donations, and similar acts in and around the facility.
(8) Hanging of paper, pictures, etc. with adhesives in the facility.
(9) Any other acts deemed inappropriate by TIEC.
- *Please contact TIEC if further clarification of the rules and procedures for using Plaza Heisei meeting facilities is needed.
- CONVENTION LINKAGE, INC.
Administration Office, 1F Plaze Heisei, Tokyo International Exchange Center
- Address Tokyo Academic Park, 2-2-1 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8630
- TEL +81-3-5564-3030
- FAX +81-3-5564-3033
- E-mail plazaheisei at mark c-linkage.co.jp
- Please convert "at mark" to @ when you send an e-mail to us.
- CONVENTION LINKAGE, INC.