The site of Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) . The top of the page.
The contents of the "Study in Japan".
Skip navigation to main contents or footer contents.
From here to the header. A region that contains the auxiliary functions that help the site title and browsing.
Global navigation of our site begins.
The navigation for each language content.
Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-term Study in Japan)
JASSO offers scholarship for qualified international students who are accepted by a Japanese university, graduate school, junior college, college of technology（3rd grade or upper）or professional training college（hereinafter referred to as “Japanese school”）under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement on a short-term basis from 8 days to one year between Japanese school and their home higher educational institution outside Japan（hereinafter referred to as “home school”）.
Amount of Scholarship
Monthly stipend: 80,000 JPY
- Students must satisfy following conditions. For further information and inquiry, students are advised to ask each home school.
- (1) Students from all countries that have diplomatic relations with Japan.（Students from Taiwan and Palestine are acceptable.）
- (2)Students accepted by Japanese school under a student exchange agreement or other student exchange arrangement with their home school.
- (3)Students not having the financial means to study in Japan.
- (4)Students eligible for 'Student Visa.' （For study in Japan for 90 days or less, Japanese school will arrange the status of residence.）
- (5) Students, upon termination of the period of study in Japan, will complete their studies at their home school.
- (6)Students demonstrating excellent academic and personal records at their home school.
- (7)Students receiving more than 80,000 JPY in total from other scholarships for study in Japan are ineligible for this scholarship.
The Whole Process
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted only from Japanese school.
Upon screening the application documents submitted by Japanese school, JASSO will decide the programs to support and notice the results.
The selection method of scholarship recipients is different from each school and each program. For further information and inquiry, students are advised to ask each home school.
Starting Time of Scholarship Period
Students must start the study-in-Japan program at Japanese schools during each school’s designated period.
The content navigation in this category.
From here to footer. A region that contains the site content navigation and copy write.