Applications for EJU Administered in Japan
The following application methods are available.
- Individual Application
- Group Applications
Group applications are categorized by Batch Registration format and Individual Application-Collective format.
- Batch Registration Format The person in charge of a group applications takes care of the exam application covering whole information of every candidate's application data on the specific format in the place of each candidate, and the person in charge applies for the exam and makes a payment. .
- Individual Application - Collective Format After all candidates in a group complete the applications by using the group confirmation key given by the person in charge of group applications, the person in charge applies for the exam and make a payment.
Regarding the candidates who are attending a school, please check with the school in advance about the methods to apply for the examination.
|※||When you make an application, please use a photograph data of your face with no cap/hat, no background, and full-faced upper body.
Please also be aware that the photo has been shot within 6 months before your application.
Payment Method of Application Fee
When applying for the examination, candidates can select credit cards, payment at convenient stores, bank payment (pay-easy) etc.
Examination Voucher and Score Report
Without relating to application methods, the examination vouchers and score reports are sent to the candidates by registered mail.
When choosing group applications, these docunments are sent to the address that the group specify.
Only the mailing address in Japan can be used as the destination of the score reports.
Applications by Mail
Application forms for EJU administered in Japan are contained in the EJU Bulletin, which is sold at major bookstores in Japan during the application period. To apply, you will need to remit the examination fee using the prescribed Japanese Postal Services fund transfer form, and then submit your application from a Japanese post office by simplified registered mail (called "kan'i kakitome").
Consequently, persons residing outside Japan who wish to take EJU in Japan need to have a relative or acquaintance in Japan take care of purchasing the bulletin, paying the examination fee, and mailing the application.
When submitting the application form contained in the bulletin, you will also need to provide one photo of your upper body that was taken within the preceding six months. You must be hatless and facing the camera, and the background must be solid. The photo must be four centimeters in height and three centimeters in width.
Please note that you can designate only an address in Japan for receiving your test voucher and score report.
Applications for EJU Administered outside Japan
Application forms for EJU administered outside Japan can be obtained from the Overseas Representatives in each site city. There are two methods for submitting the application, in person or by mail, and the method(s) used differ according to each site. For details, contact the Overseas Representatives by referring in this web site.
When submitting the application form contained in the examination bulletin, you will also need to provide three photos of your upper body that were taken within the preceding six months (Two photos for applicantion administered in Republic of Korea). You must be facing the camera without a hat, and the background must be solid. The photos must be four centimeters in height and three centimeters in width.
Applications from countries not administered EJU
Applications from countries not administered EJU can be accepted if the following conditions are satisfied.
1. Applicant has a proxy in the country/region who can handle all application procedures, including acquisition of the application form, submission of the application (including payment of the examination fee, etc.), and receipt of the examination voucher and score report.
2. Applicant understands the language that will be used to give instructions in the examination room.
3. Applicant will take the procedures necessary for acquiring a visa for entering the country/region. Please note that JASSO and its Overseas Representatives do not issue any documentation needed for visa applications.