Applications for EJU Administered in Japan
Please read "2023 EJU Bulletin" carefully, and complete the application for the EJU on the website ("EJU Online") within the following application periods.
- *"EJU Online" is a website designated for online use of various services related to the examination (applications, examination fee payments, examination voucher revisions, score confirmations, examination voucher reissues, etc.).
The following three application methods are available.
- Individual Application
- Group Application (Batch Registration Format)
- Group Application (Individual Application-Collective Format)
- *Applicants belonging to schools, etc. are requested to confirm your application methods with the schools, etc.
*When you make an application, please use a photograph data of your face with no cap/hat, no background, and front-faced upper body.
Please also be aware that the photo has been shot within 6 months before your application.
- *Confirm the usage guide and other details of EJU Online on the [EJU Online] Application/Score Confirmation Page.
- *From fiscal year 2022, steps have been taken to enable group coordinators to also confirm the scores for all applicants. It will be necessary for them to obtain the consent of the applicants at the time the applications are submitted. Please obtain such consent in writing. Examinees not wishing to have group coordinators confirm their scores are requested to submit individual applications (and not group format applications).
Payment Method of Examination Fee
When applying for the examination, applicants can select a payment method from the followings.
- Credit card
- Convenience srore transaction
- Bank transfer (ATM or Internet banking)
Mailing of Examination Voucher
Regardless of which application method is taken, the examination vouchers are sent to the applicants by registered mail. When choosing group applications, the vouchers are sent to the address that the group specified. Only the mailing address in Japan can be used as the address for the voucher.
Announcement of Exam Result (Score)
From fiscal year 2021, online application became the only application method. Then all applicants are able to confirm their score online and can print the Score Confirmation Report. Consequently sending the Score Report by mail was abolished.
Confirmation of Score through EJU Online
Shown below are those who are qualified to confirm scores online.
- *The scores that group coordinators can confirm online are limited to the scores of and after the EJU 2022 (1st session).
Applications for EJU Administered outside Japan
Application forms for EJU administered outside Japan can be obtained from the overseas representatives in each site city. There are two methods for submitting the application, in person or by mail, and the method(s) used differ according to each site. (Online application is available in few sites.) For details, contact the overseas representatives by referring in this web site.
When submitting the application form contained in the examination bulletin, you will also need to provide three photos of your upper body that were taken within the preceding six months. You must be facing the camera without a hat, and the background must be solid. The photos must be four centimeters in height and three centimeters in width.
Applications from countries where not EJU is administered